The Documentation Miniconf provides a forum for the discussion of documentation-related topics in Open Source. These include:
- popular markup languages and standard (Docbook, DITA, markdown, AsciiDoc, troff, etc)
- how to get started as a contributor (picking a project, getting an account, meeting the community, making your first commit)
- documentation skills and methodologies (topic-based authoring, single-sourcing)
- historical topics in technical documentation (Hackos, Rickard, Rose)
- solutions that have been deployed to address content-management challenges (Drupal, WordPress)
- tools (scrivener, vim)
Zac Dover is a Senior Technical Writer at Red Hat in Brisbane, Australia. He enjoys learning about containerization, solving Rubik's Cubes, vim, grammar, the study of ambiguity, domestic applications of computer networking, study of the biological process of digestion, discussions of the political situation of mid-20th century Europe, interrogation of dishonesty, the history of medicine, contemplation of the sources and uses of sea power, and examination of the limits of human subjugation and the extent to which individuals are willing to debase themselves in the name of initiatives unlikely to result in benefit to themselves.
Geelong is Victoria's second largest city, located on Corio Bay, and within a short drive from popular beach-front communities on the Bellarine Peninsula as well as being the gateway to the famous Great Ocean Road
linux.conf.au is widely regarded by delegates as one of the best community run Linux conferences worldwide and is the largest Linux and Open Source Software conference in the Asia-Pacific.
Our Sponsors help make linux.conf.au become the awesome conference everyone comes back to year after year. Come see who's on board this year, or find out how to get in contact with us